Hey, how’s it going?
I’m not too shabby.
So, you’ve come to look at my portfolio? Or maybe you googled me and ended up here.
If you want to know what I’ve been doing with my career, whooee you’re in luck. Scroll down, my friend. If you’re looking to see what I’m doing with my life, you can head over to my 21-year-old blog I Will Dare, that’s where all the juicy stuff is.
What You Can Expect from Your Friendly, Neighborhood Supergenius
Just getting started? Have an ancient website you need to update? Not even sure where to begin? I can help! I’ve helped loads of people create websites they’re proud of and love to brag about.
Writing & Editing
Things I’ve written or edited [abridged]: blog posts, newsletters, direct mail, an unpublished novel, retail packaging, web sites, landing pages, email, tweets, speeches, ad campaigns, and presentations.
SEO, social media, email marketing, content strategy, site architecture, eBooks, infographics, graphic design, collateral, advertisements — if you need it for your work, I can help you create it.
Are You Sure You’re a Professional?
You betcha! This website uses the H word and the A word. Your website doesn’t have to. Sites should accurately reflect your brand, not mine (except this one, because it’s mine).
Am I really that egotistical? Sometimes. Really, it’s a nickname that stuck. Sandy, one of my former-bosses, first called me Supergenius after I did something that involved scalable vector graphics & beta software. I liked the sound of it and decided to keep the name.
It’s better than some of my other nicknames: Chromeyzone, Chromes, Arts Minotaur, Cookie. . . Now most of my clients, a ton of my former co-workers, and even a few friends call me Supergenius. I dig it.
I’ve also been called . . .
Skills & Abilities
- 20+ years writing engaging, targeted copy for websites, social media, marketing emails, collateral, advertising, press releases, direct mail, and packaging
- Skilled content strategist who develops smart, useful, and usable web content
- Writes in a variety of styles & voices for diverse audiences and media
- Savvy user of Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Instapages, Twitter, and a variety of other internet services
- Big believer in the Oxford comma
- Loves teeny, tiny icons
- Web designer who has helped create and build nearly 50 sites for authors, nonprofits, consultants, coaches, and small businesses
- Can assist in domain registration, choosing a web host, setting up email, and dealing with technical stuff that scares the average web user (will also point you in the direction of those more knowledgeable should you have needs beyond my skills)
- Works well under pressure and adapts quickly to shifting priorities
- Flexible, hard-working, super fun, and a little sarcastic
- Holds deadlines sacred above all else
Get in Touch
I’m super curious to hear about what you’re working on and how we can work together. There used to be a form here, but only spambots used it. So, you can hit me up old school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You made it all the way to the bottom!
You’re Rad & I Appreciate it
(this baby unicorn is my way of saying thanks)